Friday, September 6, 2013

Chez Mommy

"Mommy, let's pretend this is a restaurant."

"Ok." (speaking in exaggerated accent) "Good evening, Sir. Welcome to Chez Mommy. How can I serve you this evening?"

(also in exaggerated accent) "I think I would like the chicken with bones."

"Very well, sir. I'll be right back." (speaking into the empty kitchen) "Chef, the gentlemen would like the chicken with bones." (bringing him a chicken leg on a plate) "Here you are, Sir. Is there anything else I can get for you?"

"Yes, I would like a drink."

"What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have strawberry milk." (stage whispering) "don't forget to tell the chef!"

(speaking into the empty kitchen) "Chef, the gentlemen would like strawberry milk." (setting a cup on the table) "Here is your strawberry milk, Sir."

<minutes pass>

"Oh waiter!"

"Yes Sir, how can I help you?"

"I would have some dessert please."

"What can I get you for dessert?"

"I would like some runts please."

"I'm sorry, Sir, but we are all out of Runts. Can I interest you in a delightful pack of two Starburst?"

"Ooh! TWO desserts! Yes, I will take some Starburst."

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Stimeyland reader and have an Asperger's diagnosis. I'm a sweet, happy, loving, funny, smart, quirky girl. I have a blog.

    ReplyDelete