Friday, September 6, 2013

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Yesterday I found out that our next door neighbors are moving. As in, they will be out this weekend. There are a few implications with this news:

1) Boo's neighbor kid friends will no longer be neighbors. I do not look forward to giving him this news. I fear he will be heartbroken.

2)The house next door will be available for rent. This always worries me. When we bought our home, the house next door was in the process of being foreclosed and then sold. When it was bought for use as a rental house, I cringed. You just never know what you're going to get when people rent. We have had a great run of really wonderful neighbors thus far, and I hope that continues. Anyone out there want to move in next door to Boo???

3)Finally, and this may be the most crucial point....the people who are getting ready to move planted a garden in their back yard. Some of the vining plants are growing up the fence along our property. The family has been busy and has pretty much been ignoring the garden. If they leave without cleaning out the vegetables from the garden, then those two huge cucumbers that are hanging on our side of the fence...those babies are MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment